Saturday, August 05, 2006

Paging Dr. Sears

The strange physical effects of motherhood never stop. Over the last six months or so, I've noticed a new propensity for break-outs along my jawline. I thought this might be due to changing hormone levels when I cut back and then eventually stopped nursing, but it kept happening even months later. Then just this week, I was lying in bed cuddled up with M. and realized that my daughter's head was resting in the exact place that I was experiencing the most dermal rebellion. This is something the attachment parenting books never warned me about. The top of her noggin was tucked right up under my chin, and as I smelled the sunblock, detangling spray and plain old oil in her curly locks, I knew what was causing these mysterious spots. And I didn't move an inch.

No comments: