Thursday, June 19, 2008

What's Going On

There have been a lot of questions swirling around Mothersville, particularly since the For Lease sign went up in the window. I've been trying to answer the best that I can, but as is usually the case in both mothering and retailing, the future is still largely unknown.

What I can tell you all for sure is this: Mothersville will be closing its current location on Saturday, June 28. Our lease ends this month and that will be our last day of operation at 800 S. Cooper St.

I can also tell you this: I will be re-entering the full-time, corporate workforce on July 1. Anyone interested in the mental turmoil behind that decision can read about it here, but the short story is that it just simply isn't possible for me to continue operating the store.

So what now? I'm still not entirely sure. I have been trying unsuccessfully to sell Mothersville for nearly two years, but I haven't completely given up hope that a buyer may step forward at the last minute. With a job waiting for me, I am able to be more flexible with the purchasing options, and I can also offer the possibility of two other businesses that are interested in collaborating with Mothersville to create a new and unique resource for the mamas of Memphis.

So that's what I have to tell you. What happens next is, ultimately, up to one or some of you. Barring outside intervention, Mothersville will be closing for good at the end of next week. (And speaking of next week, please come by for the BIG BIG SALE.)

We have stayed open for five years on the strength of mothers stepping in at the exact moment they needed to, and that moment is right now. And if that moment passes, I offer my thanks to all of you for getting us this far, for supporting the store and each other, and for allowing us to be a part of your experience as mothers.

Anyone interested in more information about acquiring Mothersville can please contact me at andria@mothersville.com or (901) 272-0081.

1 comment:

Lincoln Madison said...

That said, VOIP Services may not be for you. Here are some of the things that you need to settle before you can make an informed decision about getting VO IP service in your home or business area.